A recent gift from my brother Keith, has brightened our home beautifully.
A belated Happy New Year to all of you. One day I will write about the joy and discovery I have found from blogging and what your comments and thoughts mean to me. I also marvel at how skilled and creative this blogging community is, and I am continually inspired. Joy, peace, and laughter are my wishes for all of you. Thank you.
(this kite was at least 30 feet long and had a nice sea breeze to keep it aloft)
The rules state that I must reveal 5 things about myself I would prefer nobody know, as well as nominate 5 fellow bloggers.
Well, this is embarrassing but here goes:
1) Some consider me to be insane or at least to have a serious personality disorder.
2) When I was a child I helped launch little farty toads into space.
3) I had sex when I was 15. She had red hair.
4) I made my last (and I mean LAST) supervisor cry. She fired me.
5) I don’t want to live forever.
Whew! Do I have any friends left?
My blogging nominees are:
1) John at Just another Trick
2) Dick at Thinking with Both Heads
3) Lila at Please Bitch Slap Me
4) Mona at Just Yo Ho
And lastly a special shout out to:
5) Clithia at My Own Pretty Name
Hard to let this day pass without expressing my continuing admiration for those who answered the call after Pearl Harbor.
As a Navy vet myself, 1968-1972, I have grown to understand the incredible bravery and resolve that went into fighting that war and saving the world from a fate unimaginable.
The heroes that braved those years fighting for a cause so just, experienced conditions that were beyond comprehension. My respect knows no bounds. If you see any person in uniform, thank them. If you meet a WWll veteran, give them a hug. They are vanishing quickly.